The “Premio Chigiana” is an international award established by the Accademia Musicale Chigiana, in Siena, Italy to recognize and promote excellence in instrumental and vocal performance by young artists on their course to building a distinguished international career.
PRE-AUDITION TO QUALIFY
FOR ASIAN AUDITION
April 7, 2018
Announcement of Asian audition participants
: April 15th
PRIVATE PRELIMINARY AUDITION IN ASIA
April 21, 2018
Space CHRIO Hall
820-3, Seoksudong, Manan-gu, Anyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Golden star - 12,000 euro
Silver star - 8,000 euro
Two or more Fellowships consisting in engagements, scholarships and mentoring
- Candidates must be born after 7 July 1989.
- The applicant should send a presentation letter with an updated biography and reviews. Recommendation letters are welcomed (no more than two).
- All candidates must have 5 opera arias prepared. Arias in at least two different languages would be appreciated.
- All the candidates for Premio Chigiana, both by nomination and those who applied themselves will be reviewed by the Artistic Committee of the Academy and 40 candidates will be shortlisted and invited for private auditions.
Applications for the auditions in Seoul must be received by 31 March 2018.
PRE-AUDITION TO QUALIFY FOR ASIAN AUDITION
DATE : April 7, 2018
Announcement of Asian audition participants :15 April
PLACE : Space CHRIO Hall
820-3, Seoksu-dong, Manan-gu, Anyang-si,
Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
* Live Audition. Piano accompanist must be brought.
PRIVATE PRELIMINARY AUDITIONS
February 17, 2018 NEW YORK (Usa)
February 26, 2018 FLORENCE (Italy)
April 2018 ST. PETERSBURG (Russia)
April 21, 2018 SEOUL (South Korea)
FINAL CHALLENGE IN SIENA
6 July 2018 - Teatro dei Rinnovati, Siena, Italy
The Final challenge will take place at the Teatro dei Rinnovati in Siena, on 6 July 2018 as the Opening Gala of the Chigiana International Festival. The Finalists will be accompanied by the Orchestra Regionale della Toscana. The four finalists will each choose together with the Artistic Committee of Premio Chigiana 3 arias to sing from the prepared arias.
A most distinguished panel of judges conformed by renown musicians, conductors, established international Opera Casting Directors and General Managers from the world’s great opera houses will select the winners of Premio Chigiana 2018.
HISTORY OF THE INTERNATIONAL PRIZE <1982-2010>
Anne Sophie Muter(1986)
Frank Peter Zimmermann(1990)
Leif Ove Andsnes(2001)
Paul Lewis(2006) Lisa
Tel +82 31-386-2979